As part of the revised Entry and Residence Scheme, the UAE has modified the conditions for the Golden Residence visa.
The UAE Government Media Office has issued a pair of circulars with updated information on the country’s visa policy. Residence permits, New Entry, and Golden visas are the three new types of visas. Each has its own set of requirements.
The new resident visa system is aimed at skilled workers, freelancers, and investors, and allows them to get a 10-year AND 5- year residency without the need for a sponsor.
The new Entry Visas come in a number of forms for different types of visits. They can be used for single or numerous entries, and there is no need for a host or sponsor. They can be used by job seekers, businesses, tourists, students, or temporary workers.
The eligibility criteria and benefit categories for Golden Visas have been increased. Family members of Golden Residence holders can now be sponsored regardless of their age. There are no requirements for a minimum length of residence outside the UAE in order for the Golden Residence to remain valid. In the event that the original visa holder dies, family members are permitted to remain in the UAE until the expiration of their visa.
This is being done to help the country attract and retain talented people.
More advantages are available, including:
- A ten-year renewable residence
- Staying outside the UAE for a period of time does not invalidate the visa
- There is no limit on the number of support service workers
- A six-month entry visa with numerous entries is required to proceed with residency issuance
- There is no need for a sponsor or an employer
- No age restriction on family members, including spouses and children
- In the case that the original holder of the Golden Residence passes away, family members are permitted to remain in the UAE until the expiration of their residence permit
- The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced that Golden Visa holders in Dubai can obtain a driver’s license without having to undergo any training
Aiming at attracting and retaining talents, the UAE updates the Golden Residence rules as a part of the new Entry and Residence Scheme. The scope of beneficiaries is expanded offering more benefits including 10 years renewable residence pic.twitter.com/WwWWBWh9jY
— UAEGOV (@UAEmediaoffice) April 18, 2022